Skip to main content

A Clothing Review: The Vampire Dress by ExoUmbra

Ooooh, you guys are in for a treat today! This is a review of the Vampire Dress from ExoUmbra.

ExoUmbra is a gothic clothing company run by the darling Moose. She has a real passion for making items that suit a broad range of body types, and it shows in her work. Something that I personally appreciate about ExoUmbra is how simple the pieces are. I love clean silhouettes.

 Twirly preggo!

Because the sizing is so generous (every piece is meant to be easy to move around in) the Vampire Dress was absolutely perfect for my growing baby bump. And with the brutal heat and humidity we have been experiencing in London this summer, I've pretty much been living in it since it arrived. The Vampire Dress is constructed from upcycled cotton unisex t-shirts, so it's breathable and effortless to wear. You can just throw it on and off you go.


The standard version of this dress does not have a moon decal on the back, but I cheekily asked Moose to paint one on. So many of her pieces feature hand-painted symbols - I couldn't resist! While the neckline of the original t-shirt used to make the dress has been left intact, the sleeves were cropped and neatly hemmed to the shoulders. I imagine it'll be a snap to layer other items over or under the dress come autumn and winter, like the Huntress Crop hoodie that I may or may not have been eyeballing for, like, two weeks now...


The skirt features an asymmetrical dagger hem that goes above the knee in some areas and sweeps the floor in others. This will vary depending on your height. I'm only a piddly 5'2'' so it's not difficult for something to become a maxi dress on me! The result is a cheeky flash of leg here and there without being too revealing, which is perfect for someone like me who doesn't tend to show lots of skin.

ExoUmbra sizing goes from small to 5XL! No one need be left out of the witchy fun. I can't even tell you how many more things I want from this shop. Dramatic but not fussy. Comfy but not frumpy. Modest but not matronly. Maternity friendly. Plus size inclusive. Fair pricing. Excellent customer service. Open to custom orders. You can't really ask for more.

Follow on Instagram at @exoumbra.

Comments

  1. Prime Trading Company offer a tailored solution to today's garment manufacturing.Our Production range Covers
    Dress Shirt Unisex
    and much more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW! Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack & Moisturizing Moon Mask

I received these two Glossier masks from my sweet friend, Andrea, for my birthday. Since I'm a January baby, my birthday has always coincided with New Year goal-setting. The health of my skin is a priority for me - those who know me well often laugh at me for carrying a UV-protective umbrella during the warm months, and if I'm going to be outdoors for more than ten minutes any time of year, you can bet I'm wearing sunscreen. Now that I've taken a further step into my thirties, taking even better care of my changing skin seems like a sensible resolution.  Incorporating face masks into my normal routine is something I'm excited about. If the results I've had from my one use of these Glossier masks are an accurate indication of what I can expect, then it's a good decision. I'm delighted to report that the masks - for the most part - are awesome. They are meant to be used as a pair, with Mega Greens applied first. The packaging is clean and s

Feathers

I need to talk about my feelings.  Just as I posted about the realities of my pregnancies, the birth of my daughter, and the vulnerability that comes with the postpartum period, I want to write to you now about death. Birth and death have become so removed from our everyday lives in this postmodern age that they are now taboo. It’s strange for me to write about (It feels a bit like using your non dominant hand for a simple task) and I’m sure it’s uncomfortable for you to read about. Nevertheless, birth and death are the opposing forces that keep the perpetual motion machine of life spinning. Willingness to explore them helps me to remain grateful and be present. It also opens up an opportunity for connection through discussion. If this is too much for you right now, that’s ok. Tap out. If you want to be with me in another very human moment, let’s carry on.  My mother is dying. Well, she’s been dying since 2015, but now it’s really happening. She is going.  Death is both a fa